About the Project
Many thermal spas and health resorts in Europe build on the heritage of being a Roman foundation.
- The tradition of using natural remedies for treatments and prevention.
- The hospitality of hosting guests from all over the world to visit the thermal spas and enjoy a unique combination of health treatments and tourism.
It is the objective of the project to
- Analyze the historical background of the Roman spa culture
- Combine historical and cultural aspects with health related tourism offers and develop a high potential tourism product for European and overseas tourists
- Integrate the action in the regional and national tourism strategies
- Strengthen intercontinental incoming tourism to Europe
- Enhance tourism flows and labor market ripple effects
- Bring added value for especially structurally weak regions
- Create high visibility and awareness through dissemination activities